Recap: Welcome To Night Vale Live Episode Condos
"At last, we are alone. At last we are, all of us, alone together. At last, every human, alone together, on this earth. Welcome to Night Vale."A special episode that was preformed live, in which a mysterious batch of condos have been put up for sale, triggering Cecil to speculate on the nature of his and Carlos's relationship. Also features a traffic report and special guest appearances from the mayoral candidates.Has been recorded by a fan and put up on YouTube here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and the official version can be bought on Night Vale's official bandcamp page for a minimum of $1.
Tropes present in Condos include:
- ...And That Little Girl Was Me: The Faceless Old Woman tells the story of a girl who felt so unfulfilled with her own life that she spent all her time obsessing and watching others, until she slowly wasted away.... Ultimately subverted. That was another person that the Faceless Old Woman watched. She secretly lived in her home. She can see why you might think this, though.
- Arc Words: The "dark planet lit by no sun" makes another appearance.
- Big "YES!": Cecil, when Carlos suggests that they move in together.
- Canon Discontinuity: For a period, this show did not exist in continuity, but rather a minor alternate universe, until the release of the episode "Numbers" proved that it had been truly incorporated into the main time-line.
- Kent Brockman News: Cecil keeps interrupting his own telling of the 'condos' story to speculate on the status of his and Carlos's relationship.
- Lotus-Eater Machine: The condos are an interesting example, as from an outside perspective including from those who have escaped the condos thinking back on their vision, nothing about the visions seems particularly good, let alone the perfection that draws people in.
- Orphean Rescue: Cecil mounts one for Carlos.
- The Other Darrin: This is the first time that Carlos is voiced by Dylan Marron instead of Jeffrey Cranor. Carlos explained that he put in new vocal chords.
Today’s proverb: Please keep all arms and legs inside the car at all times. Also, you are under arrest. Why is your car full of limbs? Whose are these?