Recap: Welcome To Night Vale Ep 27 First Date
"Let’s start there. Let’s start with a greeting. A simple “hello.”And then let’s move right into the most exciting news, the most wonderful news!"
Carlos finally asks Cecil out on a date! Will it be as romantic as Cecil dreams, or will Carlos get distracted by science again?
Tropes present in First Date include:
- Adorkable: Carlos, before and on the date. Also Cecil, who cant' stop talking about it even when station management keeps getting mad at him.
- Baleful Polymorph: Townspeople are getting turned into malevolent shadow thingies.
- Big Damn Kiss: An understated one as far as these things go, but the sentiment is there.
- First Kiss: And it's Carlos that kisses Cecil!
- Married to the Job: Carlos can't stop himself from doing science, even when on a date.
- Master of the Mixed Message: On the one hand, Carlos ends up doing science on their date and brushes off Cecil's attempt to get invited in later on. On the other hand, Carlos is the one that makes the first move by calling him, and he also kisses Cecil at the end.
- Relationship Upgrade: Episode 25 suggested that this might be the case for Carlos and Cecil; this episode proves it.