: September 16th, 2002
Gordon brags to Salty that it is not "dignified" for express trains to take trucks, but when The Fat Controller assigns Gordon to take trucks, he makes a point to do it the way express engines do, but things didn't go well after ignoring the "go slow" sign...
Tropes featured in the episode:
- Break the Haughty: Gordon suffers this massively as he heads to an old rusty branch line, tumbling off the rails and bursting into a shed in the fields.
- Delusions of Eloquence: Percy pronounces the word "dignified" as "dignifried", and Gordon had to correct him.
- Humble Pie: Gordon comes back from repairs humiliated, though cheers up when the other engines are sympathetic, with Salty even apologizing for their argument.
- A Tragedy of Impulsiveness: After accidentally being diverted onto a frail branch line, Gordon ignores a "go slow" sign, leading the rails to break under him and send him off the rails.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The Fat Controller tells off Gordon that he proved Salty that it was silly to ignore "go slow" signs.