- Fun with Acronyms: During his search for milk, Homer seemed to have found a billboard about it but it was an acronym for "Mr. T is The Lion King".
- Also C.R.I.E. "Creative Responses for Independent Edu-loving".
- Incredibly Lame Pun:Ned Flanders: Top of the mornin', Tow-mer.Homer: It's Homer, idiot.
- Let's See YOU Do Better!: When Marge tried to browse the web to search for a solution for Maggie's clinginess, Bart and Lisa kept criticizing her navigating skills until she dared them to find a website. They quickly found one.
- Meaningful Name: "Guido"polis
- No Name Given: The teacher from C.R.I.E. who helps Marge with Maggie.
- Police Are Useless: Mayor Quimby explicitly claims that he hired Wiggum as police chief because he didn't want the towns laws enforced to the letter. No doubt to help with his own legal dealings.
- "Shut Up" Hug: From Maggie to Marge.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Flanders warned Homer about that. Homer threatened to use his power to kill whoever said that.