This episode provides examples of
- Bear Hug: Casey when he sees the Turtles are back.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: All of Khan's students.
- Deadly Dodging: Mikey, Raph and Leo do this to defeat Khan's brainwashed students, since they don't want to hurt them.
- Evil Mentor: Khan is seen running a martial arts school, whose students include Casey.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: When laying eyes on Khan.Mikey: Haven't we seen this guy before somewhere?
Raph: Yeah, wasn't he the bozo from—?
Leo: The future with the three Shredders.
- Fighting Your Friend/ Let's You and Him Fight: Khan brainwashes Casey and makes him fight the Turtles, much to their despair.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Raph and Mikey initially try this on Casey, before Leo points out that it won't work.
- Not Quite Dead: The final scene in the lair reveals Splinter is still alive.
- Preemptive Apology: Leo apologizes to a brainwashed Casey before he and Raph take Casey down.
- Temporarily a Villain: Casey, while under Khan's control.
- Took a Level in Badass: Casey undergoes a bit of this when training under Master Khan (he manages to sneak attack and take down all four of the Turtles in this episode) but brainwashing is involved and the show doesn't give any strong indication of whether he retained his new found fighting skills afterwards.