Recap / Scooby Doo Mystery Inc S 2 E 6 Art Of Darkness
Crystal Cove's renowned artist Randy Warsaw is under attack, with his assistants being turned into gold statues! However, when Mystery Inc is recruited into his employ, its up to Daphne to solve the mystery on her own.
The episode provides examples of:
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Brad and Judy Chiles
- Conspicuous CG: "Junk"
- Expy: Randy Warsaw for Andy Warhol, Sunday Around Noonish for The Velvet Underground, with Butch and Eeko serving for Lou Reed and Nico.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Velma admires herself in a mirror, with particular emphasis on her rear.
- Hidden Depths: Sheriff Stone is quite knowledgeable on the subject of fine art.
- Mythology Gag: Averted. For the first time in this new series, Velma loses her glasses. Instead of the classic "I can't see without my glasses!" she only comments that her vision is now "blurry".
- Noodle Incident: Shaggy recalls a time when he was stuck in a mannequin factory.
- Shirtless Scene: More like shirtless episode, Fred spends 2/3rds of the episode without one.
- Shout-Out: The culprit's real name is Hans Gruber