Recap / Orphan Black S 05 E 05 Ease For Idle Millionaires
While Sarah and Kira spend some well-needed bonding time at home, secrets are unlocked about Kiraís special gifts that are surprisingly linked to the islandís creature. Meanwhile, Cosima joins Delphine at the mansion for a twisted family dinner, causing a dangerous showdown with the Neolution patriarch.
- Boom, Headshot: Westmoreland dispatches Yanis this way.
- Can't Kill You, Still Need You: When Rachel suggests killing the escaped mutated man, Yanis, Westmoreland chastises her for not realizing that his mutations could be valuable.
- A Day in the Limelight: This episode is highly focused on Cosima.
- Everyone Went to School Together: Virginia Coady and Susan Duncan met at Cambridge in the 1970s.
- Flashback: While analyzing the tooth Charlotte found, Cosima reminisces about when she first learned that the Leda clones were patented.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Siobhan, Scott, and Hell Wizard set up a huge chart of all the connections between Project Leda, Project Castor, and Revival. Among other things, Westmoreland disappeared in 1894 and was declared dead four years later, Susan was born in 1942 and her maiden name was Wakefield.
- Mercy Kill: Subverted. Westmoreland suggests that Cosima put Yanis out of his misery, but upon seeing that Yanis fears dying, she refuses. Westmoreland shoots him anyway.
- Morality Chain: Mud is perhaps the only person Yanis cares for, which is why he stops short of killing her.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Cosima's parents, Sally and James, think she's still in school and have no idea what's going on.
- The Reveal:
- Aisha's treatment at Revival involves manipulating tumors with gene therapy, not chemotherapy.
- Kira's importance: Rachel was able to isolate a mutation of the "fountain of youth" gene from her DNA, which lets her heal quickly without causing cancer. Susan Duncan took the gene from Yanis and put the gene in Leda genome but it only manifested in Helena, Sarah, and their kids. Now, Westmoreland wants to harvest Kira's eggs and implant them in surrogates to see if the trait is heritable.
- Westmoreland is dying and wants to find the fountain of youth gene to extend his life.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Cosima gives Delphine an incredulous look when Westmoreland reveals that Delphine told him that Cosima found the mutated man's cage.
- Wholesome Cross Dresser: When ordered to dress up for dinner with Westmoreland, Cosima dons white tie. With Delphine in a white dress, they look like they're getting married.