Tropes featured include:
- All Part of the Show: Fraser finds himself onstage during a ballet and plays along. Later in the episode, we see the headline of a review praising his role.
- Badass Grandpa: Nautilus, aka Ruth
- Come with Me If You Want to Live: Pike introduces himself to both Fraser and Kowalski this way.
- Drives Like Crazy: Pike
- Out-of-Genre Experience: Where the new genre is "farcical spy drama".
- Running Gag: Both times someone leaves Pike's car, they are thrown onto a bench and break the same guy's stereo
- Spy Speak: Fraser fails to speak it properly during the ballet scene.