This audio play contains examples of:
- America Saves the Day: Inverted. They nearly start World War III.
- Arc Villain: Laika
- Call Forward: The Doctor intends to one day find out if Lee Harvey Oswald really did assassinate President Kennedy. He would later be photographed there on the day.
- Disney Villain Death: Leonov and Laika struggle into an abyss.
- Historical Villain Upgrade: Done to Laika. Who was expecting that?
- Me's a Crowd: Discussed by The Doctor, when he points out that there are several versions of him running around on Earth at that exact moment (and are indirectly relying on him to avert World War III). The First through to Eighth Doctors are in Hampshire on an adventure together, while a second Seventh Doctor is blowing up Daleks with Ace, and a third Seventh Doctor is preventing another nuclear war, this time started by aliens.
- The Mole: Petrov
- Wham Line: A US General is forced to call the President to get permission to abort a nuclear missile accidentally launched at the Doctor's spacecraft. On the spacecraft, this exchange happens:The Doctor: ...In Dallas, Texas, it's half past twelve on November 22nd.Petrov: So what does that mean?The Doctor: It means that the President is never going to answer that call!