Podcast: War Rocket Ajax
War Rocket Ajax is a weekly comics Podcast hosted by Chris Sims and Matt Wilson, who replaced Eugene Ahn after the latter's rap career took off. The format consists of several segments, usually in the same order.
- Earth Shattering News: Despite the title, this is usually just what the hosts have been doing for the past week.
- Now replaced by two segments: Check Yourself, where Sims and Wilson recap their week and Rec Yourself, where they recommend something (usually books or videogames) to the listeners.
- Comics Reviews: Exactly What It Says on the Tin. Occasionally missing due to a slightly erratic recording schedule.
- Interview: As above. The interviewee is usually a comics industry professional.
- Listener Questions: Listeners get their questions (which are almost always about hip-hop or wrestling) answered.
Tropes Used By War Rocket Ajax:
- Author Appeal: Sims loves Batman, and especially Batman throwing car batteries, to a potentially unhealthy degree. Both Chris and Matt also love barbecue.
- Christmas Special: The War Rocket Ajax War On X-Mas Special.
- Friendly Enemy: With the Awesomed By Comics podcast, which consisted of a series of battle raps until it was settled with a Castlevania quiz.
- Guest Host: Occasionally, Euge and Sims will be joined by one of their friends, usually Rusty Shackles or King Oblivion PHD (aka Matt Wilson, the new co-host), although Norman Osborn filled the role in one episode.
- Intercontinuity Crossover: Osborn's appearance was part of their "obligatory Dark Reign" tie-in.
- Hatedom: Necessary to give Big Ups to.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Flash" by Queen (later replaced by a series of raps by Adam WarRock; "Dey Know" by Shawty Lo for the "Big Ups" segment.
- The Merch: Euge frequently mentions his concept rap album The War For Infinity (recorded as Adam WarRock) while Sims shills his comics.
- Shout-Out: The title is a reference to Flash Gordon: "Send out War Rocket Ajax to bring back his body!", and the "Check Yourself" and "Rec Yourself" segments are named after "Check Yo Self" by Ice Cube.