: A heavily forested area where a big adventure takes place but often unseen by outsiders.
- Straight: The adventure is mostly only focused on the protagonist and their cohorts when they are in the area but ends when they leave it, the local town knows nothing of it.
- Exaggerated: ???
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: The Big Bad is threatening the town nearby but the townsfolk know nothing of it and only the heroes can save the day by stopping it before anyone else learns of the plans.
- Inverted: The wilderness isn't very big at all, there is no adventure par say, and everyone in town and even the next county over knows about it.
- Subverted: The adventure happens but the local town knows about the area but either pretends to not notice or makes it no big deal.
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: The forest is actually just someone's back yard and the big adventure is nothing more then an over exaggerated game played by children.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Misused: Amazingly the forest is so huge/remote and the main characters so lost/stupid/unprepared that any danger they have is misinterpreted as an adventure despite missing the point of the trope.
Back to Wild Wilderness