: Exactly What It Says on the Tin
Two videogamers discussing life, the universe, and everything... On The Couch
- Straight: Adam and Steve are sitting on the couch having a Seinfeldian Conversation about something that isn't really Serious Business but is treated as such.
- Exaggerated: The Seinfeldian Conversation devolves into a Cavemen Versus Astronauts Debate and several other characters get involved.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: The Webcomic in question deals with social commentary from the standpoint of ordinary people (not experts or the like), especially that which pertains particularly to Geek types.
- Inverted: Adam and Steve have a serious conversation.
- Subverted: Adam and Steve are just playing videogames, but not talking to one another.
- Double Subverted: Next panel, however, Steve asks Adam a question.
- Adam and Steve talk about something, then the same question is implicitly posed by Expy characters that are bacteria living on some surface in Adam and Steve's vicinity.
- Adam and Steve keep arguing, and the next panel flashes forward to Adam and Steve as two old men with long beards, still arguing.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Adam and Steve don't talk to one another while gaming.
- Enforced: "Let's put two characters our Webcomic readers can relate to.
- Lampshaded: "So, here we are, passing another day on The Couch..."
- Invoked: Something in the game sparks a discussion.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Steve knows that Adam won't appreciate his blabbering on while playing. So he decides to wait until they're finished to chat.
- Discussed: "How come these webcomics all feature the same thing?"
- Conversed: "Eh, only nerds read those things anyway."
- Deconstructed: Steve asks Adam a question. This throws Adam off guard and he loses.
- Reconstructed: Adam is an excellent multitasker, and can easily play his game and chat with Steve at the same time.
- Played For Laughs: Steve has something important to say, but Adam tries to make him wait Just One More Level.
- Played For Drama: The conversation deals with something rather somber.
Back to Two Gamers on a Couch