: A sadistic interrogator
takes a bit too much pleasure in his work, Played for Laughs
- Straight: Alex, the Cowboy Cop, pours a bucket of water on Mr. Evulz, the Diabolical Mastermind.
- Exaggerated: Then he sends the piranhas on him, freezes him, burns him, and kicks his groin.
- Downplayed: Alex slaps Mr. Evulz in the face multiple times without asking any questions.
- Justified: Alex is actually a gentle soul at heart, and so metes out comical punishments as opposed to actually horrible ones.
- Inverted: A cold Torture Technician works with ruthless efficiency on a Laughing Mad masochist who seems to be Too Kinky to Torture.
- Subverted: It's all just a very convincing Bad Cop routine.
- Double Subverted: ...Well, that's what his colleagues think. Once he turns Vigilante Man, he tells his first victim how refreshing it is to be unfettered by having to look like he's acting a part.
- Parodied: A scene of Cold-Blooded Torture in a CIA black site is treated with the same "madcap antics" tone for Black Comedy.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alex doesn't abuse the suspects at all.
- Enforced: If the torture is depicted less realistically, including using a comedic tone, the movie can get a PG rating and keep the preteen audience.
- Lampshaded: "Ow! Having fun?" "Yes, actually!"
- Invoked: Alex is looking to get fired.
- Exploited: Seeing what Alex's tactics are like, Evulz guesses he's got a record of dodgy conduct, and smashes his own face black and blue on the table in order to cry Police Brutality.
- Defied: "So I guess this is the bit where I'm supposed to hang you from the ceiling and drive golf balls at you, eh? Haha. No, that stuff doesn't work on anyone."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Implied: Alex reels off a list of Noodle Implements he'll need for the interrogation. Smash Cut to him cheerfully phoning his partner with the information while Evulz sits silently with a Thousand-Yard Stare on his face.
Back to Torture for Fun and Information