Playing With: Title Drop
Basic Trope: The name of the work is mentioned in a work, often in a way of saying "This dialogue is important".
Back to Title Drop.
- Straight: At one point in Troper Wars II: The Revenge of the Tropers, Commander Charlie says "It's the revenge of the Tropers!"
- "It's the revenge of the Tropers!" and similiar phrases are said at least every five minutes.
- Charlie, who has a Heroic BSOD, sobs "It's the revenge of the Tropers" repeatedly.
- At one point, it's said "are the Tropers planning revenge?".
- Charlie says that, "It's the Return of the Tropers"; which is the title for the third movie.
- Inverted: The work's Working Title (not final title) is mentioned in the work as a Mythology Gag.
- Subverted: "It's the revenge of the ... troops!"
- Double Subverted: "Do you mean the Tropers' troops?" "Yes, it's the revenge of the Tropers' troops."
- "It's the second war against the Tropers, right? And now they want revenge, right? I know what we should call it! It's 'Troper Wars II: The Revenge of the Tropers'! That would be an awesome movie title!"
- A Title Drop of a Word Salad Title with a bad case of Colon Cancer, followed by the others asking "What WAS that?!". The one that Title Dropped explains that he has no idea why he said it.
- Zig Zagged: "Do you mean the Tropers' troops?" "Yes, it's the revenge of the Tro... you know the rest."
- Averted: Nobody mentions the "revenge of the Tropers" directly in the film.
- Enforced: "Let's mention the name of the work for dramatic effect!"
- Lampshaded: "Was there a point in saying that, other than mentioning the name of this film?"
- Invoked: "So, it's the revenge of... who, exactly?"
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "It's the revenge of the-" "Shut up and stop playing Captain Obvious."
- Discussed: "Are you going to say the name of the film, as if the audience needs a reminder of it?"
- Conversed: That guy just said 'the revenge of the Tropers'. Isn't that the title of the film?"
Back to Title Drop.