: A character or characters get the idea a friend is moving away, but it turns out they're only moving next door or across the street.
- Straight: Bob is upset because he heard that Alice is moving away, but at the end of the episode, Bob learns that Alice is moving, but not very far at all.
- Exaggerated: Convinced that Alice is moving away, Bob goes to greater and greater lengths to try to stop her. Though she tries to tell him she's only moving across the street, she keeps getting interrupted or he doesn't hear her. At the end of the episode, Bob is run ragged and only then does he find out the truth.
- Downplayed: Bob thinks Alice is being transferred to a different home room, but she turns out only to be switching seats.
- Justified: They just need to get into a bigger house, and keep using inside joke-type language.
- Bob heard that Alice was moving next door to him and is crushed when, at the end of the episode, he learns that she is actually moving out of town.
- Bob thinks Alice is moving next door to him, but finds out she's moving next door to her old house.
- Subverted: Bob hears that Alice is moving and spends most of the episode upset about it, only for Alice to tell him that she's not moving anywhere. Alice returns home and is called into the living room by her parents. "Honey, we have something important to tell you..."
- Double Subverted: Alice parents' news is that Alice, is in fact, moving, but only next door to Bob.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Alice is moving next door to Bob and Bob knows about it from the start.
- No one is moving or suspected of moving.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: Bob is upset that Alice is moving away. Cut to Joseph, who comments "Oh, give me a break. Any second now she'll reveal she's only moving across the street."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "He's only moving next door? Shoot! And I thought I was rid of him for good!"
- Discussed: ????
- Conversed: "So did you hear about Bob? He thought Alice was moving away, but she only moved next door! Isn't that hilarious?"
If you're ready to move on, then why not move back to the main page for The Moving Experience