: If no one gets seriously hurt, no one's under the influence of anything, and everyone wants to do this, then it's fine.
- Straight: Bob is a sexual sadist, but before he does anything with Alice, he talks with her about limits, Safewords, and consent.
- Exaggerated: Bob consults several experts on the safety of every single detail of what he wants to do to Alice, gets a psych evaluation, and obtains consent in writing.
- Downplayed: Bob tells Alice the Safe Word is thermos. Alice nods and they get started.
- Justified: Bob has a strict code of ethics about harming people without their consent.
- Inverted: Bob is a sexual sadist who rapes and tortures Alice.
- Subverted: Bob gives Alice a Safe Word, but when she uses it, he ignores it.
- Double Subverted: Because he didn't hear it. She says it louder, and he stops and apologizes.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Bob is vanilla.
- Bob follows Risk-Aware Consensual Kink instead.
- Enforced: The author is into BDSM, and is tired of such people being demonized.
- Lampshaded: "BDSM is not abuse. It's about inflicting intense sensations in a manner that is Safe, Sane and Consensual"
- Invoked: Alice will only play with Doms who follow this philosophy.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: Bob and Alice, more than likely before Their First Time, have a detailed but intimate bedroom discussion, covering likes/dislikes, medical issues, Safeword(s), etc.
- Conversed: ???
Back to Safe, Sane and Consensual