: If no one gets seriously hurt, no one's under the influence of anything, and everyone wants to do this, then it's fine.
- Straight: Bob is a sexual sadist, but before he does anything with Alice, he talks with her about limits, Safewords, and consent.
- Exaggerated: Bob consults several experts on the safety of every single detail of what he wants to do to Alice, gets a psych evaluation, and obtains consent in writing.
- Downplayed: Bob tells Alice the Safe Word is thermos. Alice nods and they get started.
- Justified: Bob has a strict code of ethics about harming people without their consent.
- Inverted: Bob is a sexual sadist who rapes and tortures Alice.
- Subverted: Bob gives Alice a Safe Word, but when she uses it, he ignores it.
- Double Subverted: Because he didn't hear it. She says it louder, and he stops and apologizes.
- Parodied: "And remember, the safe word is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu."
- Zig Zagged: Bob gives Alice a Safe Word, but when she uses it, he ignores it and acts like he didn't hear it. She says it louder, and he stops and apologizes...And then proceeds to go even rougher...because Alice told him to...at least, that's how he told it to his buddies. Alice tells the same story, but she hesitates at some places.
- Bob is vanilla.
- Bob follows Risk-Aware Consensual Kink instead.
- Enforced: The author is into BDSM, and is tired of such people being demonized.
- Lampshaded: "BDSM is not abuse. It's about inflicting intense sensations in a manner that is Safe, Sane and Consensual"
- Invoked: Alice will only play with Doms who follow this philosophy.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: Bob and Alice, more than likely before Their First Time, have a detailed but intimate bedroom discussion, covering likes/dislikes, medical issues, Safeword(s), etc.
- Conversed: ???
Back to Safe, Sane and Consensual