: An aquatic character brings water with him to travel on land.
- Straight: Frank the Fishman wears a water-filled suit to travel on land.
- Exaggerated: Frank brings the whole darn ocean with him when he travels on land.
- Downplayed: Frank has to douse himself with water every so often.
- Justified: Frank doesn't have lungs, just gills, so he can't breathe air.
- Inverted: See Artificial Gill.
- Subverted: The suit is purely decorative; he's fine dressing in street clothes.
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: Frank lives in a fishbowl and travels by grabbing the rim and hopping it around.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Despite being a fishman, Frank can handle being out of the water fine unassisted.
- Enforced: The network wanted Tropes in Space! to get some weirder aliens than their usual rubber-foreheaded fare.
- Lampshaded: "Hey, Frank, why are you wearing a fishbowl on your head?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: An enemy incapacitates Frank by smashing his faceplate to let the water out.
- Defied: ???
Hey, Alice, why does Frank always wear that water-filled-suit-thingy
when he visits? Alice: (eye roll)
He's a fishman
, Bob. He can't breathe air.
- Conversed: "How does the actor playing Frank breathe?"
- Played for Laughs: Frank's water suit has small fish swimming around in it.
Back to Mobile Fishbowl