: The character is the child of a military person.
- Straight: Junior is the son of Sergeant Bob.
- Exaggerated: Both of Junior's parents came from a long family line of military personnel.
- Downplayed: Junior is adopted.
- It is mandatory for Junior's country for people to serve in the military for a number of years once they've come of age.
- Junior's country is defended by a warrior aristocracy.
- Inverted: Junior is a solider who has parents who have never served in the military.
- Subverted: Bob once thought about joining the military but has chosen the life of a civilian instead.
- Double Subverted: Bob was soon conscripted into the military by the government.
- Bob works for the military but is quite incompetent. Junior is embarrassed by his father.
- Junior is a bratty child who likes to wear a military getup.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Junior has civilian parents.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Man, look at Junior go. I bet his dad is a soldier or something."
- Invoked: A recruiter knocked on Junior's home and asked if his father is interested in joining the military.
- Exploited: Junior would often use the fact that his father is a military man to gain leverage in social situations.
- Bob's wife, Alice, is trying to prevent Bob from joining the military due to fear that he may get killed or die.
- Bob is a (former) soldier who doesn't want kids and neither does his wife, Alice.
- Discussed: "The military's been in a recruitment spree these past few days. Sooner or later we might hear news that Junior's dad have joined the military."
- Conversed: "Why are all military brats like that on TV? I've met people with soldiers for parents and not all of them turned out like that."
- Implied: A photograph was found in Junior's house. It was a picture of a lady, a child who bare resemblance to Junior and a man in military uniform.
- Deconstructed: Junior's childhood is brutal compared to other people due to how strict and disciplinarian his father, Sergeant Bob, is.
- Reconstructed: Sergeant Bob is quite a loving and caring family man despite what his occupation implies him to be.
- Played For Drama: Junior is an orphan. Sergeant Bob was killed in combat. Alice commited suicide after she heard the news.
Back to Military Brat