: A character who is extremely strong and tough, but slow.
- Straight: Tom is an extremely strong and tough fighter, but moves very slowly.
- Exaggerated: Tom can punch through a tank and survive a direct hit by a nuke, but takes an hour to cross the street.
- Tom is extremely strong and tough but is actually also fast. However, he lacks the agility to make good use of his speed.
- Tom is a turtling-styled Stone Wall who knows how to improvise his own defences to attack enemies.
- All that muscle in Tom's body is slowing him down.
- Tom comes from a martial arts school that focuses on strength and toughness at the expense of speed.
- Tom uses the heaviest armor, including a large Force Field generator in order to maximize his defense. It's impossible to move quickly with all of that gear.
- Tom is a superhero whose special abilty grants him great strength and resilience at the cost of great speed.
- Inverted: Tom is a Fragile Speedster who particularly needs to attack many enemies repeatedly to deal damage.
- Tom looks like he'd be really slow with all that muscle, but then he sprints towards his opponent.
- Tom's frame is intimidating, but he also makes an enormous target and can't afford armor big enough for him to wear, making him more of a very ponderous Glass Cannon.
- Double Subverted:
- ...For about five feet.
- He knows spells for protection as well as healing to compensate his lack of armor.
- Parodied: Tom is literally a Mighty Glacier. He's big and tough as a mountain, but can't move an inch.
- Zig Zagged: Tom can beat inexperienced Mooks and can withstand most unarmed attacks, but he moves very slowly (Straight). Following a Time Skip, Tom's strength and toughness matches that of a god's; unfortunately, he has the speed of a three-toed sloth (Exaggerated). However, it's because Tom received special armor that, at the cost of much speed, gave him much strength and toughness (Justified). Tom vows to work on his speed; in the process, he forgets his strength and toughness (Inverted).
- Averted: Tom is not particularly strong, tough or slow.
- Enforced: "For balance, we'll need someone to contrast the fast but weak Luke."
- Lampshaded: "You think that with all the training Tom does, he'd focus a bit on his speed."
- Invoked: Tom is entering a lifting competition where speed is unnecessary. So he only improves his strength and toughness.
- Exploited: Tom often uses his strength and toughness to catch Mooks who think that they can easily fight a slow guy without a problem off guard.
- Defied: "I'll work on my speed, even if it means I'll have to be weak."
- Discussed: "Let's have Tom go in first. He can probably take out all of the guards without a problem. Provided they don't run away first, that is."
- Conversed: "Wow, lookit at them guns!" "Yeah. Small wonder he's so slow, the muscle tension must be hideous!"
- Tom is killed by Luke, who enters and exits his range of attack too fast for him to hit them.
- As soon as Luke shoots or stabs a vital area, Tom's strength becomes useless.
- Tom anticipates where Luke will appear and manages to defeat him with a single blow.
- After nearly experiencing death, Tom realizes he has to increase his speed. He learns leaping or skipping isn't that girly if you can cause the earth to shake and get better speed. By using gravity, his jumping is powerful enough to stun fast movement long enough to attack.
- Tom acquires ranged attacks to compensate.
- Played For Laughs: Luke can't even hurt or be noticed by the implacable Tom, who slowly ambles away while whistling a jaunty tune.
I doubt you could get back to Mighty Glacier
in five minutes.