Playing With: Made of Plasticine
Basic Trope: The human body is damaged much more easily than it would be in real life.
Back to Made of Plasticine
- Straight: Bob lightly slashes his sword at Charlie's neck, and Charlie's head comes clean off.
- Exaggerated: Bob slaps Charlie lightly across the face. Charlie explodes in a shower of gore.
- Downplayed: Charlie gets what looks like a papercut when Bob slaps him in the face.
- Justified: Charlie is a zombie, and his rotten flesh has trouble holding itself together under any kind of force.
- Inverted: Made of Iron
- Charlie trips and falls onto a large twig and it looks like it's gone right through his body, until we see that though it went through his jacket, it passed around his actual flesh.
- Bob attacks Charlie with his sword, hoping to slice him in half. It doesn't work.
- Double Subverted:
- ...Then Bob runs up to help, trips, and the twig really does impale him all the way.
- ...at first. Turns out, it was a case of Delayed Causality.
- Charlie tries to do something utterly mundane, like taking a walk to the park, and ends up ripped into bloody bits by equally mundane events, such as brushing against an untrimmed bush alongside the path.
- Charlie is a combat droid that, due to a manufacturing error, really is made of plasticine.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes a light sword chop will cause instant dismemberment, sometimes it won't. It switches back and forth from episode to episode.
- Averted: People neither fall apart instantly when hit, nor seem to be impervious to all damage. They get hurt in realistic amounts.
- Enforced: "We really, really want to show some violence, but none of the characters and weapons are strong enough to do damage like that!" "Let's just go with it."
- Lampshaded: "That decapitation was actually really easy. Weird."
- Invoked: Someone forces a poisonous substance down Charlie's throat that makes his body brittle.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Charlie takes vitamins to boost his strength.
- Discussed: "I hardly hit these people and they fall apart! The human body's supposed to be a lot stronger than that, it's really weird."
- Conversed: "Even though you won't fall apart like people in some movies, Charlie, you should still stay away from pointy objects."
- Implied: Bob threatens Charlie by poking him with a spoon until he dies. Having done the deed offscreen, Bob checks his watch and sees that only two minutes have passed.
- Deconstructed: Charlie becomes paranoid because of his vulnerability to damage and ends up too scared to even leave his own bedroom.
- Reconstructed: Charlie makes sure to wear heavy armor all the time because he knows how easily he'll fall apart if hit.
Back to Made of Plasticine