: A space suit, environmental suit, or uniform that is form-fitting, tight, and flattering.
- Straight: Lanna, a female astronaut, has a space suit that is very streamlined and tailored to fit her form.
- Exaggerated: Her space suit is so sheer that you can tell she has an innie belly button.
- Downplayed: Her spacesuit is more like an older style slightly-baggy scuba suit.
- Lanna's spacefaring culture is advanced enough to create such streamlined suits.
- Mechanical Counter pressure suits are lighter, safer, less bulky and generally more practical than conventional suits.
- Inverted: Lanna's spacesuit is so incredibly bulky and clunky that she can barely move in it.
- Subverted: Lanna is handed a Latex Space Suit - but it's only "space underwear".
- Double Subverted: However, the actual suit may as well be a recolour of the space underwear.
- Zig Zagged: Lanna has a Latex Space Suit... in the VR simulation, since it delivers force feedback better than a modified regular suit. The real suit she wears as of liftoff is bulky... but only because it needs to protect her from the effects of the propulsion drive, and she switches out to a different Latex Space Suit any time she's on or doing a space walk at the space station. However, going down to Mars requires a bulky suit to keep the atmosphere from leaching away her body heat... Except when field-testing the low-pressure Therma-skin suit, which is even thinner and more form-fitting than the VR suit.
- Averted: The entire crew, regardless of sex, looks like the landing team of the Apollo 11.
- Enforced: It's all about the Rule of Sexy with the creators.
- Lampshaded: "Lanna's suit is rather tight, I mean- how does it protect her from the harshness of space?"
- Invoked: "Ah, come on, it's not even vacuum - just toxic atmosphere! Form-fitting hazardous environment suits will suffice."
- Exploited: Lanna is a time-traveler from the past. She passes off a diving suit as a spacesuit for a disguise (not that she intends on wearing it in space).
- Defied: "It's a military operation. Everyone exiting the ship will be provided with Powered Armour."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: While more attractive, her suit also provides less protection and doesn't have many failsafes built into it. When it gets punctured, the results are... messy.
- Reconstructed: However, that's what it looks like only because Lanna has clotting problems and easily-damaged skin, and should never have been in vacuum in the first place. A normal human could slap a piece of SpaceX-formula duct tape on the hole and get away with nothing but a minor-to-moderate suction bruise.
- Played For Laughs: When Lanna first receives her uniform, she's expecting a full, bulky space suit... only to be handed a tiny folded package and a helmet and informed that's all she gets.
- Played For Drama: The suit is untested and Lanna, as a low-ranking cadet, is considered expendable.
- Implied: Although we never see it worn we do see boxed spacesuits that are the size of a shoebox.
Go back to Latex Space Suit