Playing With: Just Hit Him
: A strong character who would probably win easily if he directly struck his opponent only throws the other around.
- Straight: Drake ineffectually slams Bob into walls and floors.
- Exaggerated: Drake punts Bob through multiple loadbearing concrete walls but it is not enough.
- Downplayed: Drake's throws are ineffectual only when smashing Bob through fragile drywall. A hit against concrete genuinely hurts.
- Drake is a grappler, judoka, wrestler or otherwise trained primarily in a throwing style and his instinctual choice of combat moves reflects this.
- Drake isn't executing the throws correctly. A poor throw impact connects on the back and spreads energy throughout Bob's body, while a strike impact is more focused and thus does more damage. Done right, such as connecting on the head, Bob would have been toast.
- Bob has some magical defence against mundane kinetic impact. Only strikes from an appropriate magical weapon can affect him.
- Bob has Super Toughness. It'll take more than wall-shattering force to bring him down.
- Drake is statistically better than Bob in every way and arrogantly doesn't feel the need to fight seriously.
- Inverted: Drake punches Bob a hundred times to no effect, but when the former finally uses a throw, one good throw ends Bob.
- Subverted: Bob tries to get up from getting thrown and then slumps over dead. Looks like Drake did manage to bust him up through throws.
- Double Subverted: Bob turns out to be faking.
- Parodied: Drake destroys an entire house by throwing Bob around to little effect.
- Zig Zagged: Bob tries to get up after getting thrown, but dies. Bob appears to be faking this, but Drake was aware of this, and threw him again. Bob really dies.
- Averted: Drake doesn't waste time doing throws on Bob but just tackles him for a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown.
- Enforced: The writer is not a martial artist or doesn't have/ignores his martial arts consultant, who would know better.
- Lampshaded: "You'd think he'd get tired of just throwing me and punch my jaw off by now or something."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Why do all these Giant Mooks only know how to throw people around?"
- Played For Drama: Drake's already killed many of Bob's allies with his superior strength, and is simply tossing Bob around to drive the point home about how helpless Bob is and how he'll die as soon as Drake feels like it.
Stop throwing the trope page around! Just Hit Him