Playing With: I Was Just Passing Through
: A character, usually a rival, saves another character and makes an excuse for it.
- Straight: Lance rescues Hiro from being attacked by Emperor Evulz, but he said he did it because Hiro owes him money.
- Exaggerated: Lance rescues Hiro from being killed by Emperor Evulz, but only because he wanted to be the only one to kill him.
- Downplayed: Lance rescues Hiro, but only because he has to do it.
- Lance doesn't like Hiro and showing concern for him would make him feel embarassed.
- Lance just doesn't like showing emotions.
- Lance is a Nominal Hero who only does good things for his own reasons.
- Inverted: Lance attacks Hiro, but tells him it's not because of his personal hatred for him.
- Subverted: "I only saved you...because I'm a total fanboy of yours!"
- Double Subverted: "...is what I'd say if I was. But actually I just need your signature on this release form."
- Parodied: Lance rescues Hiro and, blushing, says "It's not like I wanted to save you or anything."
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Lance saves Hiro's life because he looks out for Hiro.
- Enforced: "I don't want Lance to change his attitude towards Hiro, so let's have him save him, but in a more rivalrous fashion."
- Lampshaded: "Yeah. I understand that you're out for yourself, Lance."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Hiro knows that Lance won't fight Evulz willingly, so he sets it up to get Lance to save him to try and convince him Evulz is worth fighting.
- Defied: "I was just... you know, fine, I saved you, ok?"
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
I've found the link to the main page, but I didn't do it for you, I Was Just Passing Through