Playing With: Green Thumb
Basic Trope: A character has the power to control plants (and/or fungi).
Back to Green Thumb.
- Straight: Lily Greene can make plants grow quicker and summon poisonous ivies, vines, and other plants for fighting. And she can make flowers dance.
- Exaggerated: Lily is literally a giant flower-human hybrid that can grow any plant from anywhere, grow a tiny bud to a tree in an instant, and...
- Downplayed: Lily can grow plants a few inches taller, but that's about it.
- Lily is a fairy whose talent is controlling plants.
- Lily is a sorceress who specializes in plant-controlling magic.
- Inverted: Lily is a Walking Wasteland who causes plants (or anything, for that matter) to wither instantly.
- Subverted: Lily is seen with a group of dancing flowers, but it was the work of her friend Rose. Lily's power is different.
- Double Subverted: The only difference is that Lily controls aquatic plants.
- Parodied: There are so many people with Green Thumb that they made a company of workers that makes plants grow quicker, so they can earn more resources.
- Zig Zagged: It SEEMS like there are Green Thumb powered people walking about but it turns out to be just a special fertilizer they brewed up, until the people using ther fertilizer realize it doesn't seem to work unless a Green Thumb uses it, then it turns out it was all a ploy, the Green Thumb never needed the fertilizer at all, its was just a marketing ploy to get people to buy their product for a quick buck.
- Averted: No character has power over plants.
- Enforced: The creator thought a plant-powered character would be a nice change with all the other characters using swords and animal helpers.
- Lampshaded: "Lily has such an impressive plant power!"
- Invoked: Lily studies plant-related magic.
- Exploited: Lily purposely studied plant-related magic because the Big Bad is a Walking Wasteland.
- Defied: Lily has plant-related power, but refuses to use them in fear of upsetting the balance of the ecosystem.
- Discussed: "You have plant-controlling powers? Man, you've got to come over and help me with my garden!"
- Conversed: "You know how in that fantasy series, that girl Lily has plant-controlling powers?"
- Implied: Lily lives in the middle of the desert with no oasis to speak of, yet has a garden lush with plant life.
- Deconstructed: Lily has amazing plant-controlling powers, but she can't control it well, causing chaos as plants began to grow from odd, unwanted places (like a toilet). Because of this, Lily decides to leave her hometown.
- Lily manages to heavily injure the Big Bad with her powers, making it much easier for her teammates to defeat him.
- Lily wears gloves to control her powers.
- Plotted A Good Waste: Lily is contacted by many wildlife preservation foundations to help save the rainforests.
- Played For Laughs: I swear, if carrot in my soup starts to grow in my mouth again..."
- Played For Drama: When Lily is in bad mood, she starts creating poisonous plants, so everyone is very careful about her, perhaps even afraid of her.
Back to Green Thumb.