Playing With: Green Rocks
: Applied Phlebotinum
that can do almost anything if it'll move the plot along.
- Straight: Phlebotinum crystals do something different in every episode in order to keep the plot varied.
- Exaggerated: Almost everything that happens in the plot is the result of some strange new power the phlebotinum crystals have displayed, occurring several times an episode.
- Downplayed: Phlebotinum crystals show up in a few earlier episodes as useful for curing a disease, and then in one other episode a couple seasons later as the Monster of the Week's weakness, but otherwise their powers are fairly consistent.
- Justified: Phlebotinum crystals are notoriously unstable and their effect is almost impossible to predict.
- Inverted: There are many different types of phelbotinum in the series, but they all have the same effect.
- Subverted: The main characters try to use phlebotinum crystals for a variety of purposes... but none work except for the phlebotinum's main function.
- Double Subverted: ...Until the main characters discover a new, enhanced type of phlebotinum crystal that actually does all those things.
- Parodied: The main characters attempt to solve absolutely any trouble they encounter, from supervillains to flat tires, with the application of phlebotinum crystals, only to find the rocks failing miserably to actually do anything.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Phlebotinum crystals only do one thing, and the plot is mostly driven by a variety of other things instead.
- Enforced: The show is very low budget and couldn't afford many props, so they have to get the most out of the phlebotinum crystals.
- Lampshaded: "Is there anything these phlebotinum crystals can't do? It's almost a bit ridiculous."
- Invoked: Phlebotinum Inc. designs phlebotinum crystals to serve as many purposes as possible, even widely different ones.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The characters feel that the phlebotinum crystals are interfering too much with their lives and get rid of them in order to free themselves from dependency on them.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "...I can predict all of this show's plots now. The answer is always 'phlebotinum crystals.' This is getting a bit boring."
Back to Green Rocks