Playing With: Fangs Are Evil
: An evil or dangerous character with fangs.
- A villain has pointy fangs.
- Alex has larger than normal canine teeth.
- Every villain we see has ridiculously gigantic fangs sticking out of their mouths.
- The Big Bad doesn't seem to have fangs so much as tusks.
- Downplayed: While not always evil fanged species are usually selfish and short tempered jerks at the very least.
- The character is a vampire, werewolf, or a similar creature, and the fangs are a species trait.
- The villain is so evil, his teeth have actually mutated!
- Inverted: The villain's teeth are actually less pointy than the hero's.
- Subverted: Cute Little Fangs
- Double Subverted: The character with Cute Little Fangs succumbs to his monster instincts and goes evil.
- New recruits to the villain's side are cheerfully handed the proper equipment to sharpen their teeth into fangs.
- The Big Bad is killed by causing him to bite his tongue and die of blood loss.
- Zig Zagged: The character with Cute Little Fangs is a Face Heel Revolving Door.
- Nobody in the story has fangs.
- There is no correlation between the pointiness of one's teeth and the content of one's character.
- Enforced: The artist wanted to give it to everyone but Executive Meddling made him take the "satanic" fangs off of everyone except the villains.
- Lampshaded: "Eek, those fangs make him look scary!"
- Invoked: A character files his canine teeth to points to make himself look more threatening.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The villain takes great pride in his teeth and makes sure they're all perfectly non-pointed and sparkling, to avoid looking too clearly evil.
- Discussed: "Uh oh, I can tell he's evil, just look at those fangs of his!"
- Conversed: "Hah, I wish real life worked like that. You can tell if a guy's evil just by his teeth - how stupid!"
- Deconstructed: Fangs are considered evil because of Fantastic Racism the hero's side encourages.
- Reconstructed: Those who have fangs are still (mostly) evil, though - that's why there is a prejudice against them in the first place.
Back to Fangs Are Evil