Playing With: Fanservice with a Smile
Basic Trope: Waitresses who tend to dress in somewhat revealing ways.
Back to Fanservice with a Smile
- Straight: The waitresses at Stacy's Diner dress in ways that accentuate their breasts.
- The waitresses dress in ways that accentuate any and all kinds of fetishes.
- The waitresses dress in outfits that reveals much more than your average stripper clothes. It's for this reason that only people 18-and-up are allowed.
- Every waitress at Stacy's Diner is a Ms. Fanservice.
- The waitresses are all considered the resident's Fanservice Extras, and really doesn't matter much to the plot. For some reason however, Stacy's Diner is the Five-Man Band's Local Hangout.
- Downplayed: The waitresses dress slightly more skimpily than average.
- It's a marketing ploy to increase the diner's male clientele.
- Stacy's Diner is located in a place with a hot climate, and so skimpy clothing is normal for the waitresses.
- The owner ordered uniforms that were a couple sizes too small for the waitresses, thus unintentionally making them more revealing.
- The waitresses dress themselves in a more conservative manner than usual.
- The waiters at Stan's diner wear no shirts and are extremely muscular.
- One of the Stacy's waitresses shows up for work in skimpy dress... and is yelled at by the manager for not wearing the proper uniform. She quickly rushes out to change.
- After a change in management, the new manager has the waitresses dress in new outfits. It's actually quite tasteful.
- Double Subverted:
- ...and comes back in an outfit that's no more modest.
- Turns out the outfit's made out of fishnet.
- A stripper from a nearby brothel comes to Stacy's for her lunch break without changing her clothes, and much to her consternation is mistaken for a waitress.
- The waitresses wear skimpy clothing, but they are people who do not look good in it.
- Zig Zagged: The Stacy's constantly changes their waitresses' outfits: sometimes they are very revealing, sometimes they are not.
- Averted: The waitresses dress reasonably.
- Enforced: The male writers decide to make the waitresses at Stacy's Diner wear skimpy clothing for the Fanservice.
- Lampshaded: "Boy, look at that waitress. Is this place a restaurant or a strip club?"
- Invoked: After a change in management, the new manager makes the waitresses wear sexier outfits.
- Exploited: The waitresses wear revealing clothing to increase the diner's male customers.
- Defied: The manager does not want to sexualize the waitresses by making them wear sexy clothing, so they all dress conservatively.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: After a few weeks, the customers at Stacy's consist almost exclusively of lonely male perverts who care much more about ogling the waitresses than about the food. Behind their smiles, the waitresses work in constant fear of sexual harassment, which in fact does happen on occasion due to the heavy temptations, and many of them sue the restaurant and/or quit.
- Reconstructed: For this very reason, the Stacy's have a strict customer policy against sexually harassing the waitresses.
- Played for Laughs: The waitresses dress sexier than normal, but the diner's idea of "sexy" is Lady Gaga. They wear a garbage can lid for a hat, a dress made of Steak-Umms and a pair of wellies covered in glitter glue at work. Hilarity Ensues.
- Played for Drama: A group of waitresses fear that they might not be able to fit into Stacy's Diner's new waitress outfits, which are a lot more hotter, a lot more sexier, and a lot more revealing than the previous one. For this reason, some of them quit.
Back to Fanservice with a Smile