: A reprise of a song, only Darker and Edgier
- The first time the song My Hometown is played, Alice sings about how she plans to leave Troperville. The second time, she's discouraged and sings about being stuck there.
- Bob's Leitmotif gets a darker remix when he does a Face-Heel Turn.
- At first, My Hometown is played, Alice is downright euphoric and about to get her big break. The second time, she's suicidal and alone.
- When Bob was The Hero, he had an extremely cheerful theme. When he makes a Face-Heel Turn, his theme becomes terrifying.
- Downplayed: The second time My Hometown is played, (now world-famous) Alice reminisce about all her past successes and failures, and sheds a happy and relieved tear on her nostalgia. This is a moment of her introspection and her confidence and sense of achievement, cuing a quiet yet uplifting music.
- Justified: Alice's music teacher recommends her students to change the lyrics of their songs based on their mode.
- The reprise starts out dark... but as she sings, Alice gains hope.
- Bob Heel Face Turns and recieves a darker Theme Song. Until he stabs Emperor Evulz in the back, and his theme goes back to normal.
- Double Subverted:
- ...but then reality sets back in.
- ...Only to go back to its dark form when he reveals he killed Evulz for selfish reasons.
- Parodied: See exaggerated, and turn Up to Eleven.
- Zig Zagged: The reprise starts dark... but she gains hope... and then reality sets back in... until she reconsiders...
- There's no reprise.
- The reprise is just as happy.
- Rule of Drama
- "Once Bob is a Villain he can't have a heroic song, but his song is associated with his character so we'll just make it darker."
- Lampshaded: "Hey, Alice, wasn't that song really cheerful before?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice refuses to give up.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Dark Reprise