: Stepping on a banana peel will result in the character slipping.
- Straight: Bob slips on a banana peel.
- Exaggerated: Stepping on a banana peel sends Bob into a Slippery Skid that ends with a painful crash.
- Downplayed: Bob steps on a banana peel and slips a bit, but manages to regain his balance before falling.
- Justified: The banana peel is a prank item that has been treated to be extra slippery.
- Inverted: Bob the Banana slips on a piece of human skin.
- Subverted: Bob is about to step on a banana peel but notices it just in time and avoids slipping.
- Double Subverted: ...only to slip on something else.
- Parodied: Banana peels are outlawed because they're dangerous.
- Zig Zagged: Banana peels vary in power - sometimes they aren't slippery at all, other times they function as makeshift landmines.
- Averted: Banana peels aren't slippery or aren't slipped on.
- Enforced: The show has to feature a Public Service Announcement on the dangers of banana peel slipping.
- Lampshaded: "A banana peel on the floor and someone slips on it? I didn't see that coming."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited The hero drops a banana peel to slow down mooks in a chase.
- Defied: "Stop! There's a banana peel right in front of you!"
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "With all that slipping I'd assume those banana peels were made of soap."
- Bob slips on a banana peel. His hip is broken and he must spend a long time in a hospital.
- Bob slips on a banana peel. He dies.
- Reconstructed: Bob makes new friends at the hospital and becomes the poster guy of a banana peel awareness campaign.
Back to Banana Peel
. But make sure you don't slip!