Tom Milsom is a YouTuber come internet musician from England. With blue hair. A Cloudcuckoolander who plays over 30 instruments as well as sing, he has produced a number of albums which can be listened to here and his YouTube channel, Hexachordal can be found here.
Tom Milsom provides examples of the following tropes:
- Colorful Song: "Indigo"
- Demonic Possession: At the end of "The Heretic’s Song".He's dark, but he's here
And there’s nothing that I fear
Because he is one with me
- Dogged Nice Guy: Awkward Ballads for the Easily Pleased is full of this trope. At least Uncertainty, Imperfections and Rhyme and Reason qualify.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: "A Song About a Person on a Train"
- Fangirl: Has improvised a song about Charlieissocoollike taking his shirt off from a fan girl’s perspective. Also has a fair few of his own. Much fewer recently, as he was discovered to be a sexual predator and lost followers and fans extremely quickly.
- Hilarious Outtakes: "You have one of the least subtle tastes in jewelry I have ever seen in a woman!" It Makes Just As Much Sense In Context.
- I Am the Band: Plays over thirty instruments, sings and has also produced music.
- Lyrical Dissonance: "About Our Universe" has a pretty uplifting tune. Nevermind it's about someone thinking about opening the plane doors mid-flight.
- Role-Ending Misdemeanor: After his more abusive behaviour came to light (caution: trigger warnings for sexual abuse, rape, consent and paedophilia), the community rallied against him and he has not been seen for months.
- Self-Backing Vocalist: Often, especially in his earlier songs.
- Self-Deprecation: His first two albums are called Awkward Ballads for the Easily Pleased and Painfully Mainstream.
- Theme Naming: All songs on his album Explorers 3 have three letter titles, while all song titles on Explorers 4 start with D, the fourth letter of the alphabet.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has had blue hair since 2010. It's been back to blonde then went through a grey/rainbow phase after the blonde but is now back to blue.