Cheryl Fernandez-Versini (née Tweedy, formerly Cole) (b. 30 June 1983) is an English pop performer and breakout member of Girls Aloud. Noted for being a "style icon" as well as a popstar, she's appeared in many fashion and gossip magazines due to her attractiveness and her enduring popularity. From 2006 to 2010 she was married to the footballer Ashley Cole, but she kept his last name after their divorce as her solo career was already established under that name. These days, the media refers to her by her current married name, although the tabloids just refer to her by her first name.Since Girls Aloud broke up in 2013, Cheryl has gone on to release four commercially successful albums, usually produced in part by will.i.am. Some of her solo hits include "Fight For This Love", "Parachute", "Promise This" and the Calvin Harris-produced "Call My Name".She's also known for being a judge of The X Factor UK (2008-2010) and mentoring the now-famous Cher Lloyd.
- 3 Words (2009)
- Messy Little Raindrops (2010)
- A Million Lights (2012)
- Only Human (2014)
- Animal Motifs: The artwork for Only Human features her with leopard spotted makeup and the single for the title track features a sliver of a leopard's face.
- Auto-Tune: Her second and third studio albums were released at the height of the auto-tune craze and feature vocal processing quite prominently. "Only Human", the title track from her fourth album, is entirely vocodered for an ironic robotic effect.
- Berserk Button: Gets very upset from hearing music played from a laptop, due to the sound compression.
- She also dislikes being referred to by her previous married name, and she definitely doesn't like jokes about cheating, as one not-very-bright X Factor auditionee discovered.
- Breakup Breakout: From Girls Aloud, something the group's other members are yet to really achieve.
- Cluster F-Bomb: When Simon texted her that she was fired from the American X Factor after two episodes, her reply was nothing but a barrage of "fuck yous" and she sued him and won for breach of contract.
- Embarrassing Tattoo: She's admitted that some of the tattoos she had as a teenager are rather embarrassing. She's since had the ones on her back covered up with a gigantic bouquet of roses.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Katy Perry started fawning over her when the former was a guest judge on The X Factor and when the two appeared on Graham Norton's talk show together. She herself has admitted to fawning over Beyoncé and Rihanna.
- The Fashionista: A famous real-life example, becoming a popular model for high fashion editorials and fashion campaigns. Has also been criticised for having questionable taste in fashion sometimes.
- Fourth Date Marriage: Married her second husband, Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini, after only dating him for three months. Of course, they eventually separated after 19 months.
- The Gadfly: When she returned to the The X Factor, she basically becomes a thorn in Simon's side. She deliberately delayed an audition just so Simon couldn't excuse himself to go to the bathroom, and in the middle of re-negotiating her return to the show, she hired a plane on Simon's birthday to fly a banner over his home stating how old he was.
- Gratuitous French: The entire hook in "Promise This".
- Hidden Depths: Is (allegedly) a member of this site, according to an Urban Legend from a British football forum.
- I Have Many Names: Her full name is Cheryl Ann Fernandez-Versini. You may know her as just Cheryl, Cheryl Tweedy, or Cheryl Cole.
- The Maiden Name Debate: She kept "Cole" after the divorce largely because her solo career as already established under the name. After she remarried, she billed A Million Lights and Only Human under her first name solely for aesthetic reasons and uses her new surname for everything else. Tabloid reports vary on whether or not she's reverting to "Cole" after she separated from her husband or just billing herself as just "Cheryl".
- Motor Mouth: Self-described as "gobby" or "The one who just didn't ever shut up! I just talked all day!"
- Ms. Fanservice: Although she's known to have been this for the decade she's been on the scene, her stripperiffic outfit choices in the video for her song "Ghetto Baby" got her into huge trouble with her father.
- Non-Appearing Title: Messy Little Raindrops is not a song on the album, but rather, part of a lyric from the track "Raindrops".
- Oop North: She's a Geordie, although her infamously thick accent seems to have tampered down a bit with media training. Some of the auditionees on The X Factor will play up to this in hopes of getting a "Yes" from her and she's also confessed to putting episodes of Geordie Shore on at night to help fall asleep or when she gets homesick. Fellow Geordies Ant and Dec have joked that the three of them can understand each other perfectly, it's everyone else who can't. Ross Noble, another Geordie comedian, jokes that the reason her L'Oreal commercials are so popular is because she sounds just like any other girl in Newcastle.
- Stealth Insult: She's a master of this on The X Factor, especially when she's dealing with Simon Cowell.
- A Wild Rapper Appears: Her songs have featured the likes of Wretch 32, will.i.am, Travie McCoy, Tinie Tempah, and Dizzee Rascal.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Well, she does have nice legs, so it makes sense.