Look at her bonding with the children!
"I read someplace that the surest way to meet the mother is to be kind to the child."
When you find out the hottie you just met has adorable kids, it becomes up to you to bond with the offspring of your beloved. Most likely, you will win over the heart of the single parent in question by demonstrating your super winning (step-)parenting skills. This may be a step in your plan for Romancing the Widow
You may also become a Parental Substitute
for kids whose busy single parent doesn't always have time for them; it's not always about getting in the parent's pants, it may also be a sincere bond with the rugrat in question.
- Jerry Maguire: Jerry instantly bonds with single Dorothy's young son.
- The Holiday: When Iris discovers that rakish Graham has two adorable ankle biters, she has to prove that she can win the kids' affection along with his.
- Enchanted: Giselle, once stranded in New York, gets along surprisingly well with hot single dad's daughter.
- Miracle on 34th Street: Fred spends time with young Susan as a way to getting to the heart of his single mom neighbor Doris.
- "Supernatural": When Dean tries to hook up with old flame Lisa, he discovers that she now has a son, Ben. By demonstrating how good he is with Ben (not to mention saving the kid from some demon), he wins Lisa over.