is a 2012 video game by Trapdoor Studios for XBLA and PSN. In the game, players control a diminutive alien, Zero, trying to escape a research facility. Early in the plot, Zero regains its fundamental power, the ability to teleport short distances forwards. Other powers are acquired in the course of the game.
- Big Bad: The Base Commander
- Brought Down to Normal: Zero, at the beginning of the game.
New Objective: Recover Ability. You don't stand a chance without your powers.
- Cannibalism Superpower: Zero, with other aliens. Technically, he's just absorbing their power sources, but it's played like this.
- Bring Me My Brown Pants: A lot of scientists invoke this trope while they're cowering from you.
- Cute Is Evil: Zero (if the player takes the kill em' all approach)
- Conspicuously Selective Perception: The guards are not the most perceptive, though they are reasonably quick shots.
- Deflector Shield: The "liquid energy" shields
- Death Course: Lampshaded by the commander when he berates his minions:
"I told you to design a death trap, not an obstacle course!"
- Driven to Madness: Another one of the alien captives
- Force-Field Door
- Humans Are Bastards
- Humans Are Morons
- I Have a Family: Another thing scientists invoke when they're cowering.
- Kill 'em All: One way to deal with your captors
- Kill It with Water: A puddle of water disrupts Zero's powers, a pool is instant death.
- Mad Scientist
- Mass Teleportation
- Mood Dissonance: On the one hand, the cute design of the protagonist and some silly mad scientist tropes. On the other hand, extreme violence played straight.
- Multiple Endings: depends on how many kills Zero racks:
- None/a few accidental? Skittles in the sun. Aww.
- A good portion of the guards? Ambushed. Too bad Zero is a Killer Rabbit.
- Everyone? Ambushed. It's raining.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: "Little guy seems harmless enough."
- Pacifist Run: One possible play style.
- Although there is a "buffer" in place for accidental kills; the player can kill up to six people without losing the "Cuddles" achievement.
- Stealth-Based Game
- Tele-Frag: Zero's primary attack
- Underwater Base
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: At one point, you walk into a room with a bunch of scientists, three isolated death traps, and the cutscene before you enter shows them using these against various different alien subjects because they have reserves. Then you come in, the alarm system malfunctions, and...
"Are you sure you want to be so kind to these monsters?"
- Weak Turret Gun: One gunshot is all it takes to destroy a turret. Or you can warp into them and tear them up from the inside. Either way, turrets are easily disabled, most of the time.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Your little alien character loses all of his power and moves more slowly if he comes into contact with... wait for it... water.
- You Bastard: The "Consequences" ending is basically this, towards the player.