open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. As Indiana and his father are looking at the signpost to Berlin, we hear a marching drumbeat. The scene shifts to Berlin, where Nazis are marching around a pile of burning books with martial music playing.
- Used in Lawrence of Arabia when the scene cuts from the banks of the Suez Canal to a busy street in downtown Cairo.
- In Star Trek after Spock tells off the ministers of the Vulcan Science Academy for insulting his human mother, a chunky guitar solo starts up as the camera lingers on Spock's face before cutting to a dive in Riverside, Iowa (where the music is being played).
Live Action Television
- A very good example of a non-musical Transition Track happens in the last episode of My So-Called Life. Patty is trying to tell her family about her dream, but they all leave before she can. She utters what she dreamed about, and we hear an off-screen "Seriously?" as though someone was answering her. Cut to the next scene, where the character who voiced the sentiment talks about another girl's dream.
- Eversion allows you to know which of the worlds are you going to evert by listening to those worlds' specific tracks at the eversion points.