At TV Tropes
, pictures are a great way to show some tropes. On these pages, you can post links to what you think are great examples of a given trope.
Guidelines. Not required, but should help people trying to see the pictures you want them to.
- Post links, not pictures: Do not post just the image address. That actually hotlinks the image, and will suck up bandwidth. Links are text, and even if there is a long, descriptive paragraph about the picture, it's likely to take up less than 1 kilobyte. Even a tiny avatar pic is bigger than that. To make it a link, surround the address with double bracket characters, like this: [[an address]].
- Do not post anything explicit or link to sites known for explicit material: This is partly due to No Lewdness, No Prudishness, and partly due to avoiding content filters. We want as many people to see our site as possible, and getting blocked because we link to porn sites is not something we want.
- Do not link to malicious sites: As in don't link to any site prone to have spyware and viruses that attack any computer that goes to them. If you're not sure about the site, don't link to it.
- You can post to either the picture directly or a page the picture, or series of pictures, is on. But if you need an account for the site to see it, try somewhere else.
- Some sites that are known to be safe include Flickr, imageshack, photobucket, imagevenue, and this site's image list (as long as they are under 200KB and at least meant for posting on another page).
- If the picture requires dragging and dropping instead of just clicking on it, please let us know.
- Some pages would likely work with this better than others. Plot-related tropes would probably not fit this well. You'd need descriptions on the links to explain how it would fit the trope, and that would be about the same as examples on the main page.
- Sort and add the images according to media. Once the image links sub-page gets bigger, it's reader-friendlier if it's clearly arranged and organized.
open/close all folders