An Always Female
character mixing the archetypes of Beast Man
and Amazonian Beauty
. The Beastess is a female character who is big, strong, and intimidating, while showing primal or animalistic traits.
She is prone to Hulk Speak
, and is often a Barbarian Heroine
due having lived isolated from civilization in some way—whether she is raised by wild animals
or a member of a primitive tribe. Occasionally she is only a Beastess in appearance, which can vary from being heavy set, to athletic, to even having Boobs of Steel
, but always
imposing in size and strength. Despite her "savage" traits and appearance, a Beastess can actually be a very calm, even intelligent character.
Depending on how much of beast
there is in a Beastess, she can sometimes overlap with Cute Monster Girl
open/close all folders
- Always Having Juice has Gaia Mercury, a monstrous blue woman who hides most of her body under bandages, with Fog Feet and enormous, furry hands.
- There are several in Cerberon, Sascia, who's a young hyena-girl. Junapur is a big, imposing and strong Petting Zoo Person, with (four) Boobs of Steel. Jena is a mule half, just as big, strong and intimidating as Junapur, but not as nice, and without such remarkable cleavage. She introduces herself to Thedrik with a punch in the face.
- Taura, from the Vorkosigan Saga, nearly defines this trope. She's an eight-foot-tall genetically-modified Super Soldier with fangs who can rip people to shreds with her bare hands - and highly intelligent, with an unexpectedly sweet personality (and a fondness for pink frilly clothing). She much prefers intimidation to violence - she remarks at one point that, when trouble starts, she looms at people, and if that doesn't work she smiles.
- The female Orcs of World of Warcraft all fit.
- Sheeva, introduced in Mortal Kombat 3, most certainly fits the bill. A member of the Shokan race, Sheeva was introduced as a faster, female version of Goro and Kintaro. In 3 (as well as the 2011 reboot), she was depicted as tall with a more muscular physique than the other girls, as showcased here.◊ Sheeva went absent for the majority of the series afterwards as she apparently died, but when everyone was brought back for Armageddon, Sheeva was given a redesign◊ with a darker skin tone and even more muscularity.
- The Neverwinter Nights community mod series The Aielund Saga has a female half-orc mercenary captain late in the story who will flirt with a male player character.
- Raijin from Muramasa is an odd example of this trope, seeing as she's a goddess (however, this is accurate to Japanese Mythology, as the original Raijin resembled an oni). She's a towering, muscular, fight-loving woman with a very fiery temper. However, Raijin veers more towards Cute Monster Girl when her deredere side surfaces (moreso around her lover, the cute and adorable Fujin).
- Fiona of Shrek, after her transformation into an ogress.