Literature / The Necromancer Chronicles
The Necromancer Chronicles
is a series by American author Amanda Downum
. At present, it consists of three books:
Not to be confused with Chronicles of the Necromancer
by Gail Z. Martin.
The series as a whole contains examples of:
- Amplifier Artifact: The magic rings worn by mages in the setting allows them to bind spirits and ghosts into the stones, which amplify their abilities since they serve as an additional power source.
- Entropy and Chaos Magic: Isyllt is an entropomancer as well as a necromancer; she has the ability to focus, direct and encourage entropy and decay.
- Necromancer: The heroine of all three books, Isyllt Iskaldur. Her apprentice, Moth, too.
- Our Demons Are Different: Demons in this series are spirits that possess bodies. Whether they are human ghosts or otherwise doesn't matter.
- The Protagonist: Isyllt in all three books, but what role she plays depends on each one.
- In The Drowning City her role as a spy is played up as one of the factors in the city.
- In The Bone Palace her role as a necromancer is important to dealing with the number of ghosts and spirits.
- In Kingdoms of Dust her role as a entropomancer is what makes her important to resolving the issues at present.