Literature / The Five Brave Gummy Bears
The Five Brave Gummy Bears: Quest for the Crown
is a children's book by Madyson Ohler, Marabeth Hammersmith, and Christie J. Smith.
This work has examples of the following tropes:
- Anthropomorphic Food: The characters are all gummy bears.
- Beta Couple: Four of them, but especially Jessica/Sam and Zoe/Sedrik.
- Big Eater: Sam
- Birds of a Feather: Matthew and Crystal.
- Chekhov's Boomerang: The king gives them the scarves, they use them to tie up the guards...and then they go on to use them in two other sticky situations. Subverted when the scarf fails to help in the swamp.
- Cool Old Guy: Bubo, especially when he decides to join the five for the big battle.
- Dance of Romance: All five of the couples, at the end.
- Distressed Damsel: The princesses.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: The heroes rescue the five daughters of the king of Gummy Island. They drop the "princess" title right after the introductions, though.
- Five-Man Band:
- The titular gummy bears:
- Also, the princesses have their own five-girl band:
- Grumpy Old Man: Bubo, of course, you dumb lollipop.
- Inn Security: Played with when it seems the hotel may be haunted. In actuality, the hotel is probably the safest place the gummies ever go.
- It May Help You on Your Quest: The scarves, which double as Chekhov's Gun.
- Keep the Reward: Bubo decides he'd much rather just go back to running his hotel than accept a position of honor at the palace. Of course, the king promises to visit it
- Level Ate: It's called The Five Brave Gummy Bears.
- Official Couple: Matthew and Crystal.
- Opposites Attract: All of the gummy couples except for Matthew and Crystal, who are Birds of a Feather.
- The Quest: Just check the title.
- Sugar Bowl