Hunter is a novel written by white nationalist William Luther Pierce under the Pen Name of Andrew Macdonald. It centers on Oscar Yeager, a Serial Killer who targets mixed-race couples and children. He is eventually blackmailed by an FBI Agent into killing off Jewish FBI and Mossad agents in order to facilitate the agent's rise to power. He also joins a white-nationalist group through which he starts a bottom-up media campaign to bring white nationalism to the masses through televangelism. Yeager's efforts result in greatly increased racial tension in the United States.See also The Turner Diaries for Pierce's other, better-known novel. Many tropes from that novel appear in this one as well.
- The Apartheid Era: Yeager and his friends consider apartheid to be a good thing. Also, as noted below several protests against South Africa take place in the novel.
- Artistic License – History: As to be expected by a book written by a Neo-Nazi, any discussion of history is wildly inaccurate, such as blaming Jews for the Bolshevik Revolution, denying the Holocaust, and claiming Pearl Harbor was arranged by FDR to get the US involved in World War II.
- Author Tract: If you couldn't tell already.
- Blondes Are Evil: In-Universe example. During an apartheid protest, Yeager witnesses a protestor screaming at the delegation from South Africa. One is an unattractive brunette and the other is a tall, blonde, Nordic woman. Yeager believes that the protestor is much more antagonistic toward the blonde than the brunette.
- Camping a Crapper: Oscar kills Congressman Horowitz in the bathroom.
- Depraved Bisexual/Depraved Homosexual: How all bisexuals and homosexuals are depicted.
- Downer Ending: From a white nationalist's point of view, anyway. At the end of the novel, the government is still in place and the Jews still control the media. And That's Terrible.
- Half-Breed Discrimination/Maligned Mixed Marriage: Yeager starts by targeting people who are guilty of "race mixing." The first scene of the novel involves him shooting a white woman and her half-black child.
- Jack the Ripoff: Yeager inspires several copycat killers.
- May-December Romance: Oscar and Adelaide.
- Meaningful Name: "Yeager" is a corrupted form of the German word "jaeger," which means "hunter."
- Politically Incorrect Hero: A given in White Nationalist literature.
- Prequel: It has been theorized that this novel is a prequel to The Turner Diaries.
- Right Wing Militia Fanatic: Yeager starts out as a lone wolf killer but eventually becomes one of these by joining a group.
- Ripped from the Headlines: Pierce dedicated the novel to Joseph Paul Franklin, a serial killer who targeted mixed-race couples.
- Serial Killer: Yeager, at first.
- Straw Feminist: How all feminists are portrayed.
- Villain Protagonist: By sane people's standards, anyway.
- Western Terrorists: The protagonist.
- Would Hurt a Child: As noted, Yeager targets not only mixed-race couples, but their children as well.