Who's afaraid of middle school? Not Katie Brown. After all, it can't be that different from elementary school. But, boy, was she ever wrong! After her best friend ditches her for a new group of friends called the Popular Girls Club, Katie is left alone and starts to wonder if there's an Unpopular Girls Club she can join. Luckily, Katie finds her way with a great new group of friends and together they form their own club. Four friends plus cupcakes turns out to be the icing on the cake. Written be Coco Simon.
This series provides examples of:
- Alpha Bitch - In the second book Sydney, leader of the Popular Girl's Club, tries to recruit Mia. Though they have a shared interest in fashion Mia doesn't like Sydney's bossiness to the point of imagining her in an army general's uniform, leading the troops.
- Betty and Veronica - In the fourth book Alexis's sister tells her that there are two ways of attracting guys, the supergirlie girl way and the normal girl way. The supergirlie girl approach is being agressively feminine (Veronica) and the normal girl technique is being fun and friendly (Betty).
- Blond Brunet Redhead - The main characters are Katie (a brunette) and her three new friends, Mia (who has black hair), Alexis (who has reddish hair), and Emma (who has blonde hair).
- Four Girl Ensemble - There's Alexis who likes everything to fit together, Mia who likes to stand out, shy Emma, and bold Katie.
- Spoiled Brat - Alexis's sister.