Heartwarming: Perfect Blue
- While this is a very disturbing film there is one thing that comes off as heartwarming. While Mima is filming the rape scene the actor she is paired with apologizes in-between a take.
Actor: Iím so sorry.Mima: No itís alright.
- Taking the ending as itís presented (and not as another delusion) in the dub, Mima got her happy ending, as she's a perfectly normal and well-adjusted young actress. Itís nice to see she didn't go through hell for nothing.
- The conversation with her mother over the phone near the start of the film. It's implied her mother supported her original dream and calls often to check up on Mima.
- In the Japanese, Mima slips into a local dialect when talking with her mother.
- Becomes creepy later on, but it's sort of heartwarming when Mr Me-Mania defends Mima during her last concert from some punks throwing cans at her onstage. He gets beaten up for her, and when the crowd sees the punks off, Mima offers him a small smile of thanks, which he happily reciprocates.