- In the episode "Animal Farm", Rebadow's grandson is dying of leukemia. He wants to go to Disneyworld, but his family needs three thousand dollars. Everyone around the prison kicks in money, even Schillinger and Hernandez, and not even Adebisi will take the money from him.
- "Sometimes, it's nice just to be human."
- Beecher comforting Andrew Schllinger when he goes through withdrawal.
- Every single Emerald City inmate banging on their pod doors to show their solidarity with Ryan and Cyril.
- A rather rough example, but still valid: in the early Season 1 episode "Capital P", Sister Marie Pete is briefly fired from her job as prison counsellor for joining the protests against Keane's execution. When the inmates show up for a counseling session and find a replacement there, they all start hurling wads of paper at the poor guy and demanding to see Sister Marie Pete. It shows that, as much grief as the inmates of Oz give the old girl, most of them do have a genuine soft spot for her.