Heartwarming: First Encounter Assault Recon
Despite all the horror and gore, FEAR still has quite a few heartwarming moments.
- Child Alma constantly helping you throughout the events of Extraction Point. Especially in the subway stage, when the player is hopelessly suppressed by half a dozen Replica wielding deadly-accurate nail guns, and she turns up to clear the way for you.
- "You are safe now." Alma might be a monster now, but there's at least a part of her that still has good in it.
- Pointman's ending in the third game, despite being horrifically disfigured, Alma looks like she has finally found peace and salvation after enduring those unspeakable torments for all these years, and then she dies...
- Jin's affectionate attitude towards the player in the first and third games. After being bossed around all night, ambushed by columns of super-soldiers and spooked to no end by countless paranormal activities, it's comforting to know that someone still cares about your well-being.
- The end of Perseus Mandate, where after you and Raynes make it aboard the extraction chopper, the late Steve Chen appears on the helicopter to briefly say goodbye to both The Sergeant and the player.