Heartwarming: Fight Club
- The narrator holding hands with his love interest while watching a few corporate buildings blow up to The Pixies' "Where Is My Mind". It's a friggin' date.
- It feels oddly like the demolitions are a bouquet he's assembled for her.
- Their conversation in the restaurant a few scenes before this one also has its surprisingly touching moments, as the Narrator finally confesses how much he cares for Marla, while she clearly reciprocates but can't tolerate being with him, specifically due to Tyler. According to the The Other Wiki, the Narrator's unwillingness to look for intimacy with Marla is part of what drove him to create Tyler in the first place.
- A real life one is that many have said that the scene with Raymond K Hessel convinced them to go back to school and get their Masters' Degree.
- The book's climax has Marla and all the members of the support groups she visited with the narrator all coming to save him, and she reciprocates her feelings back to the narrator. Unfortunately, the narrator tries to kill himself to stop Tyler, but only to save everyone else from Project Mayhem.
- Tyler offering the Narrator a place to stay in exchange for him simply asking for it. It's a pretty nice gesture coming from Tyler. True the Narrator owned the house to begin with, but still...
- A twisted example when Tyler threatens to kill Raymond K Hessel and instead he lets him go. The apparent reason is to give Raymond one of the best days of his life because he survived a situation he thought he was never going to survive.
- Tyler: Tomorow will be one of the best days of Raymond K Hessel's life.
- The narrator sropping Bob from leaving his initiation into project mayhem, it may not end well for him, but It shows the narrator still has a soft spot for him.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.