- Issue 16: Even in the face of what looks like an utterly hopeless situation, Qubit still tries to do some good by teleporting the raindrops from a storm he and Kaidan are in to somewhere else that needs water. And then he helps her figure out the true extent of her abilities.
- When the Eleos are released from their containment, the ensuing explosion kills the guard watching them. When they realize this, they actually cry and mourn for him, construct a headstone and engrave his name in it before setting out to deal with their wayward "son".
- In a way, the Plutonian meeting his "birth parents" and finally getting some answers to his origins and true nature is both this played straight and deconstructed. He finally feels at peace, has found where he feels he truly belongs... but the Eleos that created him still intend to leave him in the middle of a dead universe, frozen and alone. Even though the Eleos accept that Plutonian feels remorse for what he's done, their punishment still stands.
- The final panels. Plutonian's physical body disintegrates, but his essence, as created by the Eleos is still intact. Qubit reveals his true plan to redeem Plutonian, by using his portals to transport Plutonian's essence into parallel universes to give it a chance to be remade into something good. In one universe, the essence inspires two young boys by the names of Siegel and Shuster to create the ultimate superhero. Plutonian is basically reborn as Superman. He will start his life again... and become a true hero, though not without the occasional hiccup here and there.
- In Incorruptible #23, during their brawl Plutonian demands to know why Max isn't afraid of him. Max tells him that it's because Tony's Face–Heel Turn convinced him to try to become a better person... and he wants to thank Tony. This honest gratitude is one of the reasons Plutonian agrees to leave Coalville alone. This neatly ties into both character's stories (Plutonian's overriding need for love and gratitude, Max's desire to be normal) as well as their shared backstories (Max being a symbol for Plutonian of his less-than-perfect secrets and one of the people that hates him above all else). For Plutonian, Max's redemption certainly seems like the biggest thing an Ace could do and for someone looking for love/gratitude, having the person that hates you and whom you hate equally as strong thank you is also perhaps one of the biggest things that can happen.