Headscratchers: Green Eggs and Ham
- I just realized something...SAM-I-AM IS A FREAKING MANIAC!
- Thank you Captain Obvious.
- Considering that a sane person would just find someone else to offer the dish to, I concur, unless Sam has an ulterior motive.
- He's like a drug-pusher?
- Not meaning to be a Knight Templar, but aren't you reading somewhat disturbing meanings into a children's book? I always sort of saw it as a story with the moral that "you won't even know if you liked something- until you actually try it yourself!" Granted, Sam does carry on with this more than a real person probably would, but how else are you going to fill a book and get all those rhymes in? Again, not meaning to be overly zealous, just saying.
- Sam is that annoying kid from school who would never stop talking to you!
- Sam is trying to get Sam-I'm-Not to accept the part of their food supply that was dyed green in a storage accident, so that he will be able to survive until it's safe to leave the bomb shelter.
- Am I the only one bothered by the warped aesop?: "Hey kids, if you're trying to get someone to try something, keep pestering the person until he or she gives in!!"
- Why is the ham green?