Funny: The Cat Who... Series
- Qwilleran and Arch Riker have an ongoing playful banter about Qwilleran wanting a bonus for his work writing for the Moose County Something and Arch's threats to fire Qwill if he doesn't send in some more material soon. (Qwilleran owns the Something through the K Fund.)
- Qwilleran, in a weak moment, agrees to be the town Santa Claus for Pickaxe and is aghast when he learns that the job involves lap-sitting
- Qwilleran's tongue-in-cheek briefing missives to Celia Robinson, his "Secret Agent 007 1/2"
- Qwilleran trying to avoid the overtures of his neighbors, the Boswells, in The Cat Who Talked to Ghosts. Vince Boswell has a loud grating voice and Verona has a sing-song voice that often seems to end with an inflection as if she were asking a... question?
- Qwilleran is out exploring graves with a long-time resident of Moose County and they come across what the long-timer describes as the "ultimate his and hers" — a husband-and-wife pairing. One grave reads "Shot by her dear husband." The other reads "Hanged for killing his dear wife."