- From the first film, Fletch encounters the sexy Gail wearing nothing but a towel.
Fletch: Can I borrow your towel? My car hit a water buffalo.
- Pretty much anytime Fletch opens his mouth EVER. He has such great one-liners.
- One moment that's both funny and kind of awesome is when Fletch is snapped at by Stanwyk after making a joke. Instead of sheepishly apologizing like a typical comedy protagonist would nowadays, Fletch puts him in his place rather nicely:
Stanwyk: "You doped up right now!?"Fletch: "Don't talk to me like that, assface. I don't work for you yet."
- MoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooon river!
- Posing as a bureaucrat in an exec's office and being offered coffee.
Secretary: Sugar, Mr. Poon?Fletch: No. Never. Never.
- Gets a Call-Back when he accidentally plays his recorder rather than recording.
- His roller-skating-swami getup.
- Fletch's exchange with the car thief, both of them shouting to be heard over the noise of a high-speed police pursuit:
"You a cop?""Far as you know.""Are you gonna take me to jail for car theft?""Why? D'you steal the car?""I sure did!""Well, I'm not even sure that's a crime anymore! There've been a lot of changes in the law!"
- Fletch's Imagine Spot where he imagines himself as a plantation owner dressed like The KFC colonel, with a busty wife, and his boss and his ex-wife's lawyer as slaves. Then he starts to sing "Zippity Doo Dah" with everyone on the plantation with an animated dog and bluebird in the scene for no reason. Best Big-Lipped Alligator Moment ever.
- Fletch uses a credit card to jimmy a door lock in his Billy Jean King, Bug Buster disguise. It's not just anyone's card...
Fletch: Over the years, I'd found Mr. Underhill's credit card to be a useful tool... much like Underhill himself.