- The Running Gag turned Memetic Mutation:
"I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!"
- The trenchant social commentary provided when Lane is found enduring the horror of being in the garbage truck:
"Now that's a real shame when folks be throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that."
- "I'm real sorry your mom blew up, Ricky."
- "It's got raisins in it. You like raisins."
- Unfortunately the food didn't like to get poked at with a fork.
- The skiing instructions everyone gives Lane in order to beat the K-12.
- Practically everything Curtis Armstrong as Charles de Mar says and does:
- "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy!"
- "I think I just froze the left half of my brain! Look! (Waves arm around stiffly) I can't move my right arm!"
- When Stalin offers a rather lame insult to Lane and Charles, Charles bursts into laughter. Like, a lot of laughter. So much laughter that Stalin eventually walks away in disgust, only for Charles to later interrupt Stalin's romantic dance with Beth because he's still gut-laughing.
- Lane's Christmas presents. All he gets are a bunch of frozen TV dinners. His and his father's utterly nonplussed expressions, combined with his mother's enthusiasm, really sells it
- "I remember how much you liked the chocolate nut brownie in this one. And look! Corn and seasoned salt. He likes corn."
- "Which is better? Speaking no English or speaking Howard Cosell?"