Film: The Edukators
The Edukators (German: Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei) is a German-Austrian film made by the Austrian director Hans Weingartner and released in 2004. The plot centers on a group of student radicals who break into rich people's houses, rearrange the furniture, and leave notes saying "You have too much money. The educators." Things go wrong, however, when they break into the house of a man whom one of them knows, who happens to be home and recognizes him. They end up taking him hostage, and the events spiral down from there.
Includes Examples of ...
- Former Teen Rebel: Hardenburg is revealed to have been part of a left-wing hippie commune.
- Heel-Face Turn: Happens twice in the movie with the same character: Hardenburg.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Peter and Jan.
- Love Triangle: Between Peter, Jan, and Jule. The situation has an unconventional resolution. By the end of the movie it is implied that the three of them are in a polygamous relationship with each other.
- Redemption Rejection: Hardenburg.